1 lb. ground turkey
1 small onion or 1/2 medium onion
4-5 cloves garlic
1 bunch flat-leaf (Italian) parsley
2 Tbs. olive oil + olive oil for sautéing
Salt, pepper & nutmeg to taste (20-30 grinds each from disposable grinders)
1/2 cup bread crumbs
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 soup can beef broth (use the broth to wrest the last of the mushroom soup from the can)
- In food processor, whirr egg, onion, garlic, parsley, 2 tablespoons olive oil, salt, pepper and nutmeg until well chopped and mixed.
- In a large bowl, mix turkey with the previous mix and bread crumbs. If the mixture is too wet to form meatballs add more bread crumbs but don't use too many or they will make the meatballs too dry.
- Form meatballs about 1-1/2 inches in diameter.
- Heat a layer of olive oil in a sauté pan and brown the meatballs on at least two sides. Do not worry about the interior of the meatballs being done. They will cook more in the sauce.
- Mix the soup and broth in another sauté pan with a cover.
- Add meatballs to the soup/broth mixture and simmer about 15 minutes.