This dish will vary greatly depending on your choice of mustard and starch. The combination of the onion-y sweetness of the leeks with a smooth honey mustard is yummy. We used some homemade potato gnocchi for the starch.
Ingredients (for two servings):
- 2 servings of kielbasa, e.g. 1/2 a package of low fat turkey keilbasa, sliced into disks
- 2 leaks, white & light green parts only, halved sliced and washed
- 1-2 Tbl. butter or margarine
- 1-2 Tbl. olive oil
- 1-3 Tbl. mustard -- adjust according to the strength of the mustard
- 1/4 cup (scant) milk
- 1-2 oz. grated parmesan cheese
- 2 servings starch (cooked gnocchi, potato, or pasta)
- Melt the butter or margarine and olive oil in a large skillet until sizzling.
- Sauté the leeks and kielbasa until the leeks are soft.
- Stir the mustard and milk into the leeks and kielbasa to make a sauce and cook to thicken.
- Stir in the cooked starch to coat with the sauce
- Gently stir in the grated cheese and serve.