Mashed cauliflower and light Laughing Cow cheese wedges (any flavor) come to the rescue. A whole head of cauliflower only has about 100 calories, depending on size. Three Laughing Cow light wedges have only have 35 calories each. A quarter cup of skim milk is only about 20 calories. With a little salt, pepper, and nutmeg these make a large bowl of yummy creaminess with about 225 calories in the whole bowl! If, like me, you like a touch of sweetness in your veggies, add about a teaspoon of brown sugar. A rounded teaspoon of brown sugar only adds about 20 calories.
- 1 head cauliflower, green leaves and central stem removed
- 1/4 cup milk
- 3 wedges light Laughing Cow cheese
- salt, pepper & nutmeg to taste
- optionally 1 rounded teaspoon brown sugar
- Roughly chop the cauliflower and place in a microwave-safe bowl
- Sprinkle a little bit of water on the cauliflower to provide some steam
- Cover and microwave until soft, approximately 5-6 minutes
- Add the milk and cheese and mash or whir with a stick blender.
- Add the salt, pepper, nutmeg & sugar (if desired) to taste.
- If necessary, heat briefly in the microwave to bring back to serving temperature.