- Pare a cucumber
- Add flavorings
- Dress with plain yogurt
- Chill to let flavors meld
Every culture and seemingly every family has favorite flavorings for cucumber yogurt salad.
- Garlic and salt are almost ubiquitous additions.
- Green ingredients include chopped dill weed, cilantro, parsley, mint, or scallions.
- Very thinly sliced onions add bite.
- Spices such as pepper, cumin, turmeric or other spice may be added.
The choice is yours.
- Peel the cucumber. (Or not.)
- To assure the yogurt does not get watery, remove the seeds from the cucumber, salt and let drain for 30 minutes before preparing the salad. (Or not.)
- Use good quality Greek yogurt that has been drained. (Or not.)
- Stir some flavorful olive oil into the yogurt. (Or not.)
- slice a peeled and seeded cucumber,
- add store-brand plain low fat yogurt, chopped fresh dill weed, finely chopped garlic, salt and white pepper