A low-fat, quick faux cassoulet is a good supper for a cold and rainy night. It's also a one-pot meal.
- 2-3 Tbl. olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2-3 carrots, peeled and sliced
- 1 heart of celery, sliced (about 1 cup)
- 3-4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 bunch flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 6-8 oz. fat-free turkey kielbasa, sliced
- 1 can white beans
- 2-3 Tbl. sun-dried tomato pesto or tapenade
- 1/2 cup white wine
- In a large saucepan, sauté the onion, carrots, celery, and garlic in the olive oil until the onions are translucent
- Add the parsley, kielbasa, white beans, pesto or tapenade, and wine
- Simmer slowly for 20-30 minutes, stirring occasionally to prevent scorching.