- Hearty soup. I used leftover ham & pea soup that I didn't whir with the blender so it had nice chunks of carrot in it. Most any stew will do.
- Jiffy buttermilk biscuit mix. Of course you could do homemade biscuits but why when these are so easy and fairly inexpensive?
- Water for the biscuit mix.
- Preheat the oven as indicated for the biscuit mix.
- Bring the soup to a boil on top of the stove. Use an oven-proof pot with enough room to add the dumplings.
- Mix the biscuit mix & water as instructed on the box.
- With floured hands, roll the dough into 16 balls (similar in size the smallish meatballs).
- Flatten each ball to a small 1/2" thick disk.
- Drop the disks, one at a time, into the boiling soup, distributing them throughout the surface.
- Carefully move the hot pot into the oven and cook as indicated on the biscuit mix box.
With preheating & preparations, this takes just 20 minutes to prepare. Allow a little extra if you need to thaw the soup. Stick to your ribs good!