- 1 pound ground turkey
- 3-4 slices pre-cooked bacon
- 2-3 ounces cheddar cheese
- 1 Tbl. mustard
- 1/4 cup bread crumbs, Italian flavored if you have them.
- 1-2 Tbl. olive oil
- Finely dice the bacon and cheese.
- With your hands, mix turkey, bacon, cheese, mustard and bread crumbs.
- On a clean surface, smooth the meat into a 1/2 inch thick sheet.
- Using a wide-mouthed glass or round cookie cutter, cut equal-sized patties. Remold the scraps until all has been used for patties.
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Sauté the patties 3-4 minutes per side.
- Remove patties from the pan and drain on paper towels.
UPDATE: This is more than one meal for us so we got to test them as leftovers the next night. We "nuked 'em in the nuker." A few seconds in the microwave, enough to hear them sizzle, brings them back to moist and tasty. I can see mass-producing these for the freezer the next time ground turkey is on sale!