To oven grill bone-in pork chops:
- Preheat a grill pan in a 450°F oven.
- Wash the chop to remove any "bone saw dust" and pat dry.
- Season the pork chops on both sides. Simply salt & freshly ground pepper work wonders.
- Lightly brush the hot pan with olive oil.
- Put the chops on the hot grill pan and return to the oven for 5-8 minutes.
- Turn the chops over and return for another 5-8 minutes.
The National Pork Board tells us that trichinosis is not the problem it was when my mother learned to cook pork. Trichina is killed at 137°F. Both they and the USDA recommend cooking pork chops to an internal temperature of 160°F to kill the other nasties that might be lurking. On the other hand, the FDA's HACCP (Hazard Assessment Critical Control Point) for pork is 145°F for 10 seconds.
This is where individual choice comes in. The lower temperature is juicier, the higher temperature is safer. Only you can determine your "RBCP" (risk-benefit comfort point).