- While the veggies are cooking, melt a tablespoon of butter in a small skillet.
- Add 1/4 cup of bread crumbs and gently sauté until lightly browned.
- Add the juice of half a lemon. Optionally, add half the zest as well.
- Heat through but do not allow to burn.
- Toss the vegetable with the bread crumbs and serve.
Sunday, March 29, 2009
Giving Elegance to a Veggie -- Lemon Butter Breadcrumbs
Here's a quick way to make microwaved green beans, asparagus, or broccoli luxurious. For two to three servings: